April 18, 2016
Sometimes, a client calls and asks for a specific activity, because they know exactly what they want. They’ve already committed based on their time frame, space, and the group’s needs, and we can begin the process of setting up their team building activity. However, more often than not, clients are unsure of what activity is the best fit, and it’s our job to steer them in the right direction. Below are some sample questions from our needs assessment that we like to ask. Let us know if these help steer you in the right direction!
- Why are you choosing to do a team building event in the first place?
- Who are the key stakeholders in the event?
- Do we need to fill a set block of time, or are we flexible?
- What is our primary goal? Is it fun? Networking? Providing a novel experience? Developing a specific team skill?
- Are you simply looking to book an experience, or would you like to take a physical product back to your office?
- Do any of the individuals in your group have physical limitations?
- What are the space constraints?
- At the end of the program, what does a successful event look like? What will people be saying and/or doing?
- Did we miss anything? Let us know what your biggest constraints and deliverables are in the comments section!